IN THE NEWS
AlpenGlow Sports Raises over $230,000 for local Tahoe nonprofits, including Achieve Tahoe: 2019-20 Press Release
MilitarySpot.com, 2/17/2020: Veterans with Disabilities Participate in 11th Annual Anthem Blue Cross Winter Ski Fest in Tahoe: http://www.militaryspot.com/news/veterans-disabilities-participate-11th-annual-anthem-blue-cross-winter-ski-fest-tahoe
Sierra Sun - Truckee, CA, 1/31/2020; "Let recreation be your re-creation:" Wounded veterans learn to ski and snowboard at Achieve Tahoe event: https://www.sierrasun.com/news/let-recreation-be-your-re-creation-wounded-veterans-learn-to-ski-and-snowboard-at-achieve-tahoe-event/
KTVN Channel 2 - Reno, NV, 1/24/2020; Skiing for Disabled Veterans: https://www.ktvn.com/clip/14992533/skiing-for-disabled-veterans
KTVN Channel 2 - Reno, NV, 1/24/2020; Disabled Veterans Ski Program: https://www.ktvn.com/clip/14992507/disabled-veterans-ski-program
SF Gate - San Francisco, CA, 1/24/2020; Blindness, amputations and paralysis can't stop these veterans from skiing Tahoe: https://www.sfgate.com/offbeat/article/disabled-skiing-lake-tahoe-achieve-tahoe-veterans-15001952.php
Sierra Sun - Truckee, CA, 1/17/2020; Achieving Greatness: 5 inspiring people who are taking skiing to new heights: https://www.sierrasun.com/news/achieving-greatness-5-inspiring-people-who-are-taking-skiing-to-new-heights/
NorCal Spinal Cord Injury Foundation - Winter adaptive ski and snowboard acivities in full swing at Achieve Tahoe: https://norcalsci.org/news/2020/1/5/winter-adaptive-ski-and-snowboard-activities-in-full-force-at-achievetahoe
Sierra Sun - Truckee, CA; North Lake Tahoe Businesses honored at the 65th Community Awards: https://www.sierrasun.com/news/business/north-lake-tahoe-businesses-honored-at-65th-community-awards/
KQED - San Francisco, CA; Skiing for All: At Tahoe Resort, Disability Is No Barrier to the Slopes: https://www.kqed.org/news/11740591/skiing-for-all-at-tahoe-resort-disability-is-no-barrier-to-the-slopes
Roseville Today - Roseville, CA; Ability Challenge Fundraiser at Alpine Meadows: https://www.rosevilletoday.com/travel/lake-tahoe/ability-challenge-fundraiser-at-alpine-meadows/
Sierra Sun - Truckee, CA; Anthem Winter Ski Festival, 1/31/19: https://www.sierrasun.com/news/sports/achieve-tahoe-opens-the-door-to-winter-sports-for-disabled-veterans/
KTXL-TV (Fox40) - Sacramento, CA; Anthem Winter Ski Festival, 1/25/19: https://fox40.com/2019/01/25/in-your-neighborhood-squaw-valley-alpine-meadows/
Roseville Today - Roseville, CA; Anthem Winter Ski Festival, 1/24/19: https://www.rosevilletoday.com/travel/lake-tahoe/injured-veterans-participating-in-anthem-winter-ski-festival/
KTVN Channel 2 - Reno, NV; Anthem WInter Ski Festival, 1/24/19: http://www.ktvn.com/story/39850197/wounded-veterans-learn-to-ski-in-tahoe
KRNV (NBC) – Reno, NV: 12.31.18, “Max Barber Leaves His Mark on News Years 2018”
KRNV (NBC) - Reno, NV: 12.31.18, “Torchlight Parade Honors Special Guest”
KRNV-TV Online: 12.31.18, “13-year-old Max Barber makes his mark on Squaw Valley Ski Resort's NYE”
KTVN (CBS) - Reno, NV: 12.31.18,“Max Barber Skis in Torchlight Parade”
KTVN (CBS) - Reno, NV: 12.31.18,“Achieve Tahoe Milestone”
KRNV (NBC) - Reno, NV: 12.30.18, “Squaw Valley Torchlight Parade”
Lotus Radio KTHX 101.1: "In Depth" interview with Michael Hunter
Sierra Sun: Giving Season: Give Back Tahoe raises funds for local nonprofits
- Must read blog: A Mom's Humbling Advocacy Lesson
- Sacramento KCRA 3: Lake Tahoe-area program helps people live without limits
- CBS San Francisco Bay Area: Skiing helps Pleasanton teen become active again
- Reno KOLO 8 News: Anthem Ability Celebration
- Reno KTVN 2 News: Anthem Ability Celebration
- Reno KRNV 4 News: Anthem Abililty Celebration
- Squaw Valley|Alpine Meadows: Anthem Ability Celebration
- Moonshine Ink: Stronger Than Ever
- Tahoe Weekly: Healing through the outdoors | Celebrating 50 years of adaptive sports
- Tahoe Quarterly: Achieve Tahoe Celebrates 50 Years
- Freeskier Magazine: Abled: How adaptive ski programs are giving the injured their lives back
- Achieve Tahoe listed as one of USA Today's 10 Best Adaptive Programs
- Sierra Sun, Casandra Walker: "Ozomatli to headline Foam Fest at Squaw Valley"
- Lotus Radio KTHX 101.1: "In Depth" interview with Michael Hunter
- KOLO News 8 Reno: "Ability Challenge Benefits Achieve Tahoe" (VIDEO)
- Sacramento Fox 40: "Skiing Without Sight" (VIDEO)
- Sierra Sun, Casandra Walker: "Celebrating 50 Years of Achievement"
- Achieve Tahoe Sports Camp for Injured Veterans and Annual "Ability Bash" Most Successful in Organization's History
- Sacramento Bee, Brad Branan: "Nonprofit Gives Free Ski Trip to Disabled U.S. Veterans" (VIDEO)
- Sacramento Bee, Randy Pence: "Veterans Take to Sierra Slopes" (VIDEO)
- Reno KOLO, Colin Lygren: "Wounded Warriors Skiing at Tahoe" (VIDEO)
- Reno KRNV and FOX11, Melissa Matheney: "Injured Veterans Take to the Slopes" (VIDEO)
- Anthem Blue Cross Sponsors Lake Tahoe Winter Ski Festival to Help Wounded Veterans Lead Active Lives
- Tahoe Ski Bum Blog: "Military on the Mountain"
- KOLO News 8 Reno: "Disabled Veterans Learning to Ski This Weekend" (VIDEO)
- KGO ABC7 News San Francisco: "Disabled Veterans Enjoy Healing Trip to Tahoe Snow" (VIDEO)
- Sierra Sun Newspaper: "Explore Tahoe: Wounded veterans take Sierra snowmobile tour as part of Military Winter Sports Camp"
- KOLO News 8 Reno: "New name means new goals at Achieve Tahoe" (VIDEO)
- Sierra Sun: "Disabled Sports USA Far West changes name to Achieve Tahoe" (VIDEO)
- KOLO News 8 Reno: "Wounded Warriors learn to ski" (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: "North Tahoe-Truckee Ski resorts host Wounded Warriors"
- KTVN News 2 Reno: "Disabled Sports USA helps wounded veterans on slope"
- KRNV News 4 Reno: "Wounded Warriors Use Tahoe Recreation in Healing"
Past News Coverage